Thursday, November 23, 2006

::: THIS MADE ME HAPPY :::

Today is Thanksgiving back in the States. Sad day here in Hong Kong.

I miss Turkey, the smell, the anticipation. In the morning we inject that timely bird. Mid day we deep fry that sucker. Shortly after. We pounce.

No turkey. No traveling to see family. No deep fried Cajun Turkeys anywhere that I have found. But, I will honor you oh Holiday of Thanks, with a ceremonious nap after school today!

Without Thanksgiving in the way, the merchants here in Hong Kong get a full two months of shopping before the Big Rest after Christmas. You know the one between Christmas and New Years! Then those sales kick in. The decorations have been up for weeks now and the tree is already lit in Central. "She's a bute Clark."

Well, in my efforts to keep up I began listening to the holiday tunes I have and came across this online today...it makes me happy.

But, perhaps this year I will celebrate with Peking Duck instead of Turkey. Equally delicious, worse for you, but oh so dang good! Happy Turkey day my friends!



By the way, Melinda Dillon's laugh during this clip is second only to this one:

2 comments:

Maxwell's Mommy said...

Hey man... have a happy Thanksgiving! Sorry you're not able to be here. We're all thinking aboot you much.

Chad Freeman said...

The Cajun Deep Froed Turkey was great this year at my home! Just making you feel warm and cozy! I love you man.