Tuesday, November 28, 2006

::: A CONFESSION :::

My friends.

I cannot believe I am writing this in the public forum. But, as I have been so honest with you before, I will take myself to a new level of honesty with you.

I have done something terrible today and must get it off my chest and face the consequences, no matter how terrible they are. Today will forever live in my memory as a terrible day. My memories will recall this day with a cringe and a shudder.


It all begins when...

I...I...lost my...um...MAC.

He went into cardiac arrest, (shut down) and refused to come out of it (reboot). We thought we had him back, but then he showed signs of being in a coma for awhile (safety mode to prevent any damage). He is stable and we have received the Doctor's (technician) gaurantee that he will fully recover (warrantee). The only hiccup we face is bringing him back may take awhile (jackass left his restore cd in the states). We will know more tonight (after I take it in for service).

Following this random, and not oft MAC related hiccup, I find myself instead of stopping all blogging matters in light of the emergency, I have been forced to neglect my friend and move on...to...a...Windows based...PC! AAAAGGGGHHHH! You use a PC...you love a MAC.

The Insanity. Susan Powter where are you!

But, my MAC has served me faithfully and I will never abandon him. He is my consistent friend. While others stand by steaming over the fact that their PC has crashed yet again, and recount tearfully how many hours were wasted because of a blue-screen of death, and how many minutes go by while it tries to catch up, and how many right clicks it takes to restore and reset all of their connections...me and my MAC just cruised on by while their hours and minutes and clicks fell by the wayside into complete wasteland.Seems like all of that work we were able to do caused him a needed vacation.

I havn't shut down my MAC in months. I pack him up, take him everywhere. I watch him, listen to him, talk at him, and even spend hours doing nothing but hanging with him. Seems he was tired.

Seems that if only I had my cd, he would would already be back in business and moving down the road to progress. If only. I say rest on friend. We shall see if we can get you something tonight. Until then, you have been my workhorse. Even if you are down until I get back to the states, we will still have been more productive and joyful than all the hours combined waiting for the PC world to catch up.

This post was written on a...PC...and I am COMPLETELY ASHAMED.

Bring on the consequences. And can you send me my cd please.

*sniffle...tear*




MORAL OF THE STORY...take your software CDs with you when you travel, especially overseas.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Michael, You thought it would never happen. I have mixed emotion.... HAHAHAHA, I am laughing right now because of all those times you have said and will say "You should've got a MAC!" You see it happens to all these man made things. THEN, I am sad :-( because this may mean that I will not get to see you again until you come home :-( Well i guess it will make it that much sweeter to see your handsome face again. Oh how i can hardly wait. So sorry for your loss; I will keep you in my prayers as you struggle through this time. Guess the PC will have to do for now. xoxo

Michael Maldanis said...

My Dear,

I write you to be sure that across all of these miles, you know in your heart, that the MAC will be back soon. And you shall see me. And, even though it is down for these few hours (I hope) it still would not come close to the amount of time I have wasted waiting for a PC to do it's job. :0) All in good fun my friends. I would still go MAC if I ever had the choice. Looks like this one is user-initiated.

Michael

Maxwell's Mommy said...

WoW... So Dramatic you are Mold!
I got trough about 8 seconds of that song before I had to move on.

Michael Maldanis said...

Yes, the grief is unbarable...at times.

Oh, you mean cause it's stupid and unrelated and over dramatic. Oh. How embarassing...um..dang it.