Sunday, November 05, 2006

::: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY!!! :::




November 5th, three years ago was one of the most bittersweet days of my life.


The silver lining...this little guy. I remember seeing that little dude sitting in that little clear plastic baby...um...thing...I don't even know what to call it. But it is that Tupperware looking thing they put babies in the nursery at the hospital.

My family and Kevin's mom had gotten to the hospital in the late afternoon awaiting news of any kind. We let someone know we were there to see my sister, assuming she was still in a room waiting for something to go down...literally. HAHAHAHA sorry about that one. Anywho the bonehead nurse knew she was in the process of getting out this large watermelon of a person and asked if she wanted to see us. Of course the answer was No. Kind of a dumb question.

Well, we heard nothing and I of course cannot stand still and wait for anything, so I paced. I found a window to some room not associated with patient rooms. The blinds were closed. I found a way to peek in anyway. There is a little slit where the strings run through on the blinds...I just peeked through there. Hey, I just really wanted to see in the window!



Then, I saw a baby placed into one of the bins. Couldn't tell at first what it was. But then I peeked to the nametag. I saw a blurry name that had the blurred shape of a capital 'P' and then a tall letter of some kind right where a 't' would be in Pintar, my brother-in-laws family name. Same amount of characters. I peeked closer and sure enough, it said 'Pintar'. BAM! We had BABY!

Then, I find out his name is Michael. Yikes. Too much of a good thing.

He is three today. THREE! Yikes. He will be spoiled more than normal by all the people that love him for no other reason than he exists, but will be celebrated for who he is and is becoming, making us love him more and more each day. Especially his little personality, the way he can look like an angel at one glance and a devil at another...after all his name is Michael. We are famous for being little devils!

Happy Birthday Dude!

Love, Unckle Michael from around tha wirld

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me to hear how other people experienced Michael's coming into this world. Mine was, well, a bit different! : )

None the less, the reward might not have been so sweet!