Friday, January 19, 2007

::: FOR ALL THE GIRLS I LOVE :::

Well, part of living overseas is that you put your family and loved ones in the trust of God because there isn't anything you can do from 10,000 miles away. That thought hit me one night while in bed living in Brasil. And, it led to me trusting God in a whole new way...pretty much changed my life.

So, to all the girls I love who are afraid of your cell phone starting a fire at a gas station, or think that leaving the engine on while pumping gas will blow you up...I submit the following video for your watching.




NOTICE:

:: If you clicked the video link, I did not name the video. That would be get me into trouble with my sister, my girlfriend and depending on the month, my mother.

:: The fire didn't start until AFTER the pumping began, thus giving time for just enough fumes to build up near the handle.

:: The girl was wearing a sweater...likely had cloth seats in the Jeep. Recipe for static electricity to build up with each move she makes.

:: Notice she never touched the door or any other metal surface after she got back out of the Jeep to stop the pumping. Rendering her 'charged' when she went near the pump handle, and thus the fumes.

:: If she did you would have seen her jump just like you do when you touch a door handle when getting out in the first place getting that nice little jolt that usually happens most when you wear a sweater in colder weather.

:: No jump means that she is fully charged. Fully Charged + Fumes= Messy pants.

:: Never take the handle out while it is on fire. True, it seems to work in this instance. Hit the emergency shut off button on the pump (front or side) at the sign of flames...then run.

:: Change shorts.


And now, barring any negligence on the part of the girls I love...I should be able to sleep at night not wondering if I will be attending the crispy funeral of one of them and feeling tremendously guilty for not sharing this public service announcement. It's good to be Italian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real funny Michael. You just had to post this to make a point, right. Well, you did. Point well taken. I will definitely remember this next time I go to pump my own gas. Thanks for the PA. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Or you can just move to NJ where "Jersey Girls Don't Pump Gas"! You've gotta love a state where it is still illegal to pump your own gas!

Cheryl and Mom, you watch out for those charges! (Just kidding!)