Thursday, December 21, 2006

::: I'VE GOT SEOUL :::

Sorry...that was pretty lame.

Well, we arrived at 4.55am local time and I headed for whatever was open. They have a Transfer Lounge for those making...well, transfers. They rent out rooms for 6 hours at a time, and I have 7...I could see this working.

But all the cheap rooms were sold out so I sold out. Headed to the gate. Slept for three hours on the seats here until the Filipino Rudeness Tour Group showed up. Having loud music in your car is one thing...thumping down the road as you drive, trying to make a statement (which usually is HEY EVERYONE I AM AN ASS!). But, in an airport terminal playing the dang MP3's at high volume on speakerphone while 10 people around you are sleeping at 5am is just wrong. And, you deserve to be shot.

Ok. Maybe a little extreme,...but,only just a little. Back me up here Chad.

After my rude awakening, I went to the restaurant that Clayton, Frankenfield, Sean Kerr, Leah, Scott and I ate at on my first trip to Korea. I had an American Breakfast with some poor excuse for bacon, two fried eggs (no choice to how they were cooked...almost well done, my least favorite) and a cup of coffee. But, there were three other things on my plate that weren't so "American" that I would pair them with the title "American Breakfast." Kimchee, which I love...pickled cabbage with hot pepper paste, a root of some kind-probably a palate cleanser, and...New England Clam Chowder.

Weird. Not right or wrong but, just different.

Never in my life would I imagine myself enjoying a meal pairing coffee and clam chowder.

I digress.

No comments: