Thursday, August 31, 2006

You Fill in The Movie Quote...

So the last couple of days have been full of excitement. The last member of our team arrived, we received our schedules at staff development day, saw the school year calendar with all the days off, and I was almost killed by a wire hanger.

So...they have the Uber-apartments here in Hong Kong. I live around one. When I say around one...I mean...it surrounds me. I counted 4 apartments per wing, per floor. I also counted four wings, and I think I counted 40 stories. So you do the math...or at least double check me because I suck at it and hate it. I came up with 640 dwellings within each building. Now, here comes the crazy "around" me part. Take 640 and multiply that by at least 10 buildings...and you get 6,400 families made up of usually 3-5 people, and that is a truckload of folks living in the space of 1 square city block.


Quick Mike, what is 7 times 6?
(family of my father only on that one please)

Now...you may ask yourselves..."Where would all those folks do their laundry?" And,I would say that you have posed a valid and creative initial question at a seminal point our dialogue...way to go, you.

Well...I would retort with an answer such as this..."In their own apartments." Ok, you would say...and you would now assume that they also would dry their laundry in their apartments. And, I would chuckle...maybe even guffaw, toss my head back and look at you and think..."Ahhhh, you are so silly my naive friend...So silly. But, I love you dearly, so I will continue enlightening you with my vast caverns of knowledge."

THEY DRY THEIR LAUNDRY OUT THE FRIGGIN WINDOWS!!! 40 STORIES IN THE STINKIN SKY OUT THEIR WINDOWS! 40 STORIES IN THE STINKIN SKY, YOU BETTER NOT DROP ANYTHING, OUT THE FRIGGIN WINDOWS!

And, then...I would simply say...look at the two images and guess how I was almost killed by a wire hanger.

Insert movie quote here, "__ _____ ____ _______!"

Do you know it? If you think you do, then comment and I will give the person who answers it first a real neat prize.
























He lifts his Coke into the air, and with a serious but jovial tilt, he toasts
..."Heads up!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommie Dearest, Mommie Dearest.... NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe that no one else new this!!!!!!

I 'm just getting to read it!

Sorry we missed your call, we'll catch you later....

You made me cry with this story...I was laughing so hard!

Love ya dude!
Sissy Dearest

Michael Maldanis said...

WE HAVE WINNER!!!!

My sister rox, and she rocked all of you!

You have been owned.

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS is the correct answer...it hails from the terribly tragic film MOMMIE DEAREST

And now you have the rest of the story....Good Day!